The Seven Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Aav Verinhall
Aav Verinhall
Lord Commander
Lord Commander

Character Sheet
Name: Aav Verinhall
https://nationstates.net/nation=seav

Constitution of the House of Westeros Empty Constitution of the House of Westeros

Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:38 pm
Edicted into law on June 3rd, 2018
Julian Targaryan wrote:

Article I: Legislative Branch
Article II: Hand of the King
Article III: The King
Article IV:Dynastic Houses
Article V: The Small Council
Article VI: The Tribunal of Sparrows
Article VII: Amendments

Article I: Legislative Branch

Section I: Parliament Establishment
a. The Legislative Branch of the government shall be called Parliament.
b. Parliament will be responsible for creating, debating, and voting on bills that come to the floor before them.

Section II: Parliament Structure
a. The Parliament shall have two branches of government, The Commons made up of elected subjects in proportion membership in dynastic houses to and House of Lords which is made up of Lord Paramounts of the dynastic houses. (or heir in the absence of their lord)
b.The House of Lords may amend and repeal laws, dismiss the Hand of the King, approve treaties, declare war, and may elect a protector of the realm should the king not be able to lead, and has not appointed a protector of the realm himself.
c.The Commons may pass law, Amend the constitution, call a no confidence vote on the Hand of the king, and may elect a King in case of a vacancy if there is an absence of an heir.
d. The King may not serve in parliament, his heir will sit in his place in the house of Lords, or the seat for his house will be vacant in the absence of an heir to his house.

Section III: Parliament Leadership
a. Each House shall elect a Speaker at the beginning of each term who shall serve as the presiding officer of the legislature with full power over the agenda.

Section IV:Election of Parliament
a. After an election is called, registration and voting will be initiated by Lord Paramount of their respective dynastic houses, or the King in their absence.
b. Seats will be given in proportion to number of subjects in the realm total and divided among the active dynastic houses in proportion with the percent of subjects they hold in their house.
c. Citizens may then vote after registration for another 48 hours
d. Terms for Parliament will be two months long

Section V: Parliament Actions
a. Any Member of the Commons may propose the following types of bills and should clearly indicate which type of bill they are proposing, a. Constitutional Amendment (Requires 2/3 majority)
A provision used to change the structure of the government and/or alter the provisions set established in this document.
b. Binding Law (Requires simple majority)
Laws addressing NationStates issues (i.e. district election law, puppet policy, etc.) that must be followed by all subjects of Westeros.

Article II: The Hand of the King

Section I: Hand of the King Establishment
a. The Small Council shall be led by the Hand of the King who will be a member of either house of Parliament, and appointed by the King.
b. The Hand of the King will be vested with all the powers of the King, but may not overrule him.
c.The Hand may put together a Small Council to assist in the governance of the realm. (examples being master of foreign affairs, interior, and laws.)
d. A new Hand must be reappointed after every election, or the current Hand must be reappointed.

Article III: The King

Section I: Defining the King
a. The Monarch is the ceremonial Head of the realm

Section II:Responsibilities of the King

a. The King will dismiss the Commons after the end of the term or if the commons orders it with a majority vote.
b. King may give royal assent to every law and Amendment passed by Parliament or may reject the bill outright.
c. The King may dismiss the Commons at any time. An Election would be held to elect a new commons right after.
e.The King may issue edicts that are effectively law, he may not amend the constitution by edict however.
g. The King may appoint the first leaders of each dynastic house.
h. The King may appoint a protector of the realm to serve in his absence.
I.The King may banish any subject from the realm with the majority vote of the Small Council.
j. The King may designate an heir of his choice, and may replace the heir at his choice. The heir will have the title of "Prince of Dragonstone"

Article IV: Dynastic Houses

Section I: The Houses
a.The dynastic Houses of the realm are The Lannisters, The Targaryens,The Tyrells, The Martells, The Arryns, the Tullys, the Baratheons, and the Starks.
b. Every Subject shall be a member of a dynastic house
c. Lord Paramounts of every house must declare an heir once there are more than one member in their house.
d. Lord Paramounts may change their heir at any time.

Article V: The Small Council

Section I: Defining the Small Council
a. The Small Council shall be comprised of individuals appointed to office by the King, or the Hand of the King
Section II: Powers of the Small Council
a. The Small Council shall have the power to call an emergency session of Parliament
b. The Small Council shall have the power to issue Executive Orders, which shall govern as a binding law until overturned by a simple majority of Parliament.
c. The Small Council shall have absolute authority over all executive functions of the government, with the exception of the Hand of the King and the King himself.
d. The Small Council shall not be impaired in its functionality by the Parliament.
e. The Small Council’s power to issue Executive Orders shall require a simple majority of Council members to agree.

Article VI: The Tribunal of Sparrows

Section I: Defining the Tribunal of Sparrows
a. The Tribunal of Sparrows {abbreviated to ToS, or Tribunal} shall consist of 8 Sparrows and 1 High Sparrow, nominated by the Master of Laws, and confirmed by the House of Lords.
Section II: Powers of the Tribunal
1. The judicial power of the House of Westeros shall be vested in one supreme court, known as the Tribunal of Sparrows.
2. The Tribunal presides over all trials, criminal and civil, in the House of Westeros.
3. Judicial procedures shall be subject to laws and regulations as established by acts of the House of Lords
4. The judicial power of the Tribunal shall only extend to citizens of the House of Westeros, and members of their forum and discord server.
5. The Tribunal possesses the sole right to final interpretation of the Constitution and rules on the constitutionality of acts of the Parliament, royal decrees, and executive orders by the Small Council.
6. There shall be 9 Sparrows on the Tribunal.
7. Justiciars shall be composed of 1 High Sparrow and any associate Sparrows the Master of Laws appoints, subject to the consent of the House of Lords.
8. The High Sparrow shall be appointed by the Master of Laws, subject to the advice and consent of a majority of the House of Lords.
9. Justiciars shall serve until their resignation or impeachment by a ¾ supermajority the Parliament.
10. Sparrows may not hold any other political position in the House of Westeros at the time of their appointment and for the duration of their time spent in office.

Article VII: Amendments

Section I: Amendments
Amendments may be officially added to the Constitution through either of the following method:
a. The amendment receives approval from ⅔ of Parliament.
b. Westerosi subjects may call for a Constitutional referendum if a public petition secures signatures of 1/3 of subjects. The amendment shall be added to the Constitution if it receives 2/3 approval in the referendum.

Section II: Dissolving this constitution
The Constitution may be dissolved with the following method

a. This Constitution may be dissolved with the approval of 3/4 of both houses of Parliament.
b. subjects may call a constitutional referendum with the signatures of 33% of subjects. This constitution will be dissolved with a 75% majority.
Constitution of the House of Westeros Latest?cb=20130922023413
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum